TeenVoi (Ages 15-19)
“How to make the world a better place”
How can today’s teenagers make the world a better place for the future generations? Participants must discuss a problem facing society and consider potential solutions, to ensure that future generations are not burdened by this issue.
This age group is expected to conduct a research about the theme, make use of evidence, and craft precise arguments to persuade the audience. All resources that are used in this theme must be valid, reliable, and credible. All resources and quotes must be stated in the speech. Speeches must be submitted online as videos of 2 to 4 minutes.
Candidates will be judged on their choice of material, comprehension & accuracy, organization, use of language, and presentation.
- Speeches by TeenVoi participants (ages 15-19) should be no less than 2 minutes and no more than 4 minutes.
- Submission of the videos is a must.
- Speeches must have been originally prepared by the participant for WeVoi. If statistics and quotes are used, they must be referenced (mentioned in the speech). Participants may be disqualified by the jury if plagiarism is found.
- Speeches must be delivered in English.
- Speeches must be related to the given topic.
- Names, logos, uniforms of schools/institutions and/or any similar advertising and promotional materials should not be displayed in the videos.
- Speeches should not include any gender, racial, religion and cultural stereotypes, bias or any derogatory expression.
- Speeches must be clear, comprehensible and appropriate.
- All videos which are sent for WeVoi cannot be used in any other social media before the competition is held. All rights pertaining to the videos belong to WeVoi.
- Participants must qualify for WeVoi Global through WeVoi National. Decisions regarding qualification for WeVoi Global are made by the WeVoi juries.
- Entrants cannot contact the judges before or during the competition and the judge’s decision is final.